sunnuntai 19. lokakuuta 2014

Travel makeup essentials

Since I'm be leaving to Mallorca tomorrow, I wanted to do a short list on the essential makeup products which I'll be taking with me. I tend to always bring too many things with me when I'm travelling, so it wasn't easy to leave some of my favorite products behind but I had to :D Oh well, maybe that's for the best...
(Sorry for the crappy lighting in the photos, it feels like all natural light has already left Finland :| )

Face 

If you're travelling to a destination where it happens to be really warm and the sun is up all day, it's best to bring products with a high SPF to protect your skin. Also, don't forget to bring a good sunscreen with you!


For my face I chose M.A.C's BB cream that has SPF 35, and the Nordic Moisture Match moisturizer from Garnier that has SPF 20. I've heard that products with a high SPF can give your face a ghostly appearance in photos, but I don't really care since my skin is already quite pale :D

Eyes

Eyeshadow palettes are awesome for travelling because you can bring multiple shades with you but they don't take that much space.


I'll be taking two palettes with me - "37 Crystal Mauve" from Isadora and the M.A.C Hello Kitty palette in "Lucky Tom". They both have light and dark shades so they can be used to create soft looks to wear during the day, and you can darken your makeup for the night if you want to. Waterproof mascara would be the best since the climate can be a bit humid but actually I only have regular mascara at the moment (Volumizing Mascara from Lumene), so let's hope I don't have awful panda eyes by the end of every night :D

Lips

I'll most likely be wearing lip balm all the time but I figured it might be good to bring a brighter lipstick with me to cheer up my face if the rest of my makeup is light.


This is a bright pink, almost red lipstick from Rimmel in "Heartbreaker". It's really nice because the color is fun but still very wearable during any time of the day. I'm also going to bring some gloss with me but I'm not sure yet which one.

Other products

- eyeliner
- powder or blotting sheets for the face
- concealer
- blush
- brow pencil/powder/gel

I think I'll manage five days with those products..at least I have more room to buy makeup from the destination ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti