tiistai 9. joulukuuta 2014

Current favorites & look of the day

- Only two more weeks until Christmas, I can't believe it! This year has gone by so fast. I should really get going with shopping presents, but my mind is completely blank and I have no idea what to buy. To anyone. 

Anyways: here are some of my current favorite products that I used a lot during the month of November. I doubt I'll be doing monthly favorites because honestly I don't buy new products that often, but I'll make sure to do a post if I come across something new and awesome! 


Exfoliating Shower Gel (raspberry scented, contains kiwi seeds) by Yves Rocher. 
- I got this from Mallorca since the Yves Rocher there was having a -50% off on all of their products (stupid me, I should have bought more stuff...). I use this about once a week with an exfoliating glove, and it leaves the skin very soft and ready for moisturizer!

Avocado & Oatmeal clay mask by Freeman
- This product has been sitting in my box for a good while now and I recently rediscovered my love for it. I've been using it once or twice a week after showering, leaving it on for ten minutes and then rinsing it off. It's a very nice mask for being so affordable, and after I finish this I'll be sure to check out other masks from Freeman.

"Chatter Box"- lipstick by M.A.C
- Finally, my first M.A.C lipstick! I got it also from Mallorca. This was definitely more expensive than what I'd usually pay for a lipstick, but I figured that a good lipstick is an investment. I love the color, it's a cool toned medium pink that's wearable enough for everyday use. I've been using this a lot to give my lips a little pop of color on days when I'm just wearing liquid eyeliner and some mascara. One sad thing about it though - and also a problem that I have with many lipsticks - is that despite "Chatter Box" being an amplified formula, my lips still get quite dry after wearing this for several hours and it doesn't look good when I need to reapply :/ But anyways, it's still a good lipstick and I'd like to get some more from M.A.C.

Beauty Base Eyeshadow Primer from Lumene
- I repurchased this product a few weeks back and I use it almost every day, especially for school if I want to wear some neutral shadows. It keeps the shadows on for a really long time and I haven't noticed any creasing even after 12 hours of wearing it! It's good to put a light layer of powder under and on top of it for it to work as best as possible.


Healthy Hands + Stronger Nails hand cream by Vaseline
- For some reason I couldn't find this product at the store for a couple of years, but now it's back and I'm extremely happy about that! This is maybe the best hand cream I've ever used so far, because it absorbs into the skin very fast and moisturizes well. It also contains keratin that makes your nails stronger, which is important for me since my nails are usually quite long and they break easily. If you're looking for a new hand cream, give this one a try :)


To end this post I wanted to tell a little bit about my look of the day:





- It's been a while since I've worn red lipstick but I feel that it's very appropriate now that Christmas is right around the corner and it's getting colder here in Finland. To complement the lipstick I did a light and soft smokey eye with grey and brown, then added a thin line of black liquid eyeliner and a short wing. 


 - For eyeliner I used "Dipliner" in black from H&M (it's actually quite good!) and the lipstick is "15 - Vintage Red" from Lumene Natural Code, which I believe is unfortunately now discontinued :(


- "Vintage Red" is a cool toned classic red, but for some reason my camera made the color look a lot warmer than it actually is. But trust me, it's not that orange - stupid camera... :|

I might do a Christmas inspired makeup tutorial some time this or next week, if I remember :D 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti