tiistai 13. tammikuuta 2015

Rambling - Nail art, eye dust and lipstick

It's been a while since my last post due to lack of ideas, or actually I was supposed to do a "products I regret buying"-post, but after searching through my collection of beauty products I realized that there aren't too many products I still own but don't like :D So maybe I'll save that idea for later..

I've gotten quite a few new products since Christmas, mostly cosmetics, but some tools as well. Finally, after almost two months of waiting, I received my new nail art brushes and dotting tools!
Here's a tutorial that I tried to recreate with the new brushes:


And here's how it came out - a little bit different - on my nails:

                                           Polishes used:

                                                          - Konad Hardener
                                                          - Color Club "Blue Heaven" ( a holographic polish, the effect doesn't really show up in                                                                 day light ). I finally got this polish last week after wanting it for a couple of months!                                                                   Loving it.
                                                          - The I Love This Color Nail Polish "Blackest Black" ( from a local clothing store )
                                           - Amazing Shine non-yellowing top coat

Also, I finally got to try Sleek MakeUp! I got their "Blush By 3"-palette for Christmas, and I'm loving it. About a week ago I ordered their Eye Dust in "Starry-Eyed". Here's what it looks like and some swatches: 


                          - Swatch on the left has a white base underneath it, and the right one is just the shadow on it's own.
                                  There's not much difference in the opaqueness of the shadow whether you use a primer or not, but I'd                                    still recommend using perhaps a dark base underneath to intensify the effect of the shadow.

I also created a look using this eye dust to test it out:

                                           Products used:

                                                        - Gosh Waterproof Eye Shadow "001 Pearly White"
                                                        - Meow Cosmetics shadows in "Fur Coat", "Abracatdabra" and "Matte Mauve"
                                                        - Sleek Eye Dust "Starry-Eyed"
                                                        - WetnWild Mega Liner "Black Sparkle"
                                                        - Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Pencil "001 Black"
                                                        - L'Oréal Paris "Voluminous" mascara in black


I really enjoy the pigmentation of this eye dust, and will definitely continue using it :)

Another product! I've been really getting into wearing lipstick this winter, and I got a new lipstick last week when a bunch of other products arrived from Germany. It's by a brand called "Makeup Revolution", which I recon is quite a new company. 

- Makeup Revolution lipstick in "Rebel with Cause".  It's a dark berry red color, perfect for cold winter days! The color appears to be a bit lighter in the photo than how it actually shows up on the lips.

        - The lipstick is sheer, but the intensity is buildable. Just remember to blot your lips between each layer and use a                   similar colored lip liner. Also the formula is very glossy and it doesn't seem to dry out my lips, which is great!

I'll try to come up with some new ideas for posts, as this was actually just me rambling and nothing too exciting :D Maybe another tutorial? Have a great week!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti